Most businesses are aware of social media, if their not then there’s a problem. It’s fully integrated into our lives and influences the way we perceive brands and affects how we purchase.
A lot of companies may not use social media for business but their aware of it. They know it has reach and potential but don’t understand how to harness the true extent of its power.
Social media for business is essential and should be mandatory for 85% of companies. That being said if you’re a fisherman casting your net off the Isle of Man your probably safe enough not using Twitter.
But why use social media for business? Why Tweet, update your status, pin or upload videos? Well, here’s why;
- Twitter has over 100,000,000 active users per month
- Over 50,000,000 people use it per day
- There’s over 200,000,000 registered users
- 55,000,000 mobile users each month
- Twitter.com gets over 400,000,000 vistors per month
- Over one billion tweets every 5 days
- Over 9,000 tweets per second
- Over 845,000,000 active users
- Over 250,000,000 photos are uploaded per day
- Over 2.7 billion likes every day
- Over425,000,000 mobile users.
- Average time spent on the site – 20 minutes
- over 1.36 million users per day
- Average time spent on site – 15 minutes
- 68.2% female user base
- Pinterest users increased by more than 145% since January 2012
- 28 percent of users have an income of $100k+
- 35 hours of video uploaded every minute
- Over 100,000,000 views per day
- Over 4,000,000 people are sharing to at least one social network
- The YouTube app gets over 100,000,000 views per day
To wrrrap up. If you’re a business with a target market who uses social media and you’re not on it….. Get cracking and create a social media strategy. Social media has a massive amount of potential for exposure for businesses and it’s free. Just use it wisely!