Early last week Mark Zuckerberg announced to the world that Facebook had agreed to buy Instagram for the absolutely insane price of $1billion.
One billion dollars is a lot of money in anyone’s books and for the unaware it looks like this; 1,000,000,000. That’s a lot of 0s.
But what else could Marko and the lads at Facebook have bought for the plump sum of $1billion? Well, unsurprising, quite a lot. Here’s 15 things they could have bought;
- The New York Times which is valued at $967m
- Liverpool FC which was bought for £300m in 2010
- 200 $5m mansions in Beverly Hills
- A Caribbean island
- 285,714,285 big Mac’s
- 3891 Ferrari Spider’s
- A $10,000 per night hotel room for over 200 years
- The LA Lakers valued at $586m
- Over 200 million Ipads
- Over 4 years of NetFlix subscription for 2.6 million students
- 10 $100m luxury Frence yachts
- Yahoo US